dbrick in the cut

Friday, November 18, 2005

Break like the Wind

In 1996, I was very "extreme" breaking winds baby. When my family were in the home. I "sended" out much breaking winds. When I sended out breaking winds, my family were laugh.
That's what I received for an assignment to write and essay about an embarrassing situation. While this kid didn't fulfill the entire assignment, I'll give him extra bonus points for creativity and the ability to make his teacher laugh. He also gets this special feature in my blog. I love the fact that he chose to put quotation marks around "extreme" and "sended." I also have found a deeper meaning in his writing. I get the idea that he didn't want to be an "'extreme' breaking winds baby," but his family made him out to be the clown. They would laugh at him, not with him, because of his uncontrollable gas. This is the kind of thing that gives a kid a complex. He probably can't relieve himself in a crowded public bathroom because of his fear of laughing adults. While you, me, and his family laugh at his misfortunes, he is suffering from an childhood of "extreme" flatulence.

I've had a good week that is about to get even better once I'm finished with my final class. It's the worst class to have before the weekend begins; a real downer. They're stuck in the middle of the most awkward time in their lives and far too cool to speak in class. At their age, it's just not en vougue to participate in class or even hint that they have the correct answer to a question. I can't even get these kids to nod their heads in agreement when I give them a correct answer. It usually goes something like this:
Me: "Do you agree that the simple past tense of do is did?"
Kids: Blank stare.
Me: "Nod your head if think that this is correct."
Kids: More blank stares, one kid looks confused, absolutely no head movement.
Me: "Shake your head "no" if you think this is wrong."
Kids: Look of disgust and contempt for the fact that I would even bother them to answer this.
You might think that they just don't know the answer, but these kids are learning the present perfect verb tense right now with no problems. They know the answers; they just don't want to give in to their teacher.
Anyhoo, after I survive this last class, I'm going to get a tall glass of vino at a great little tapas bar. This place is a real gem in the middle of an area flooded with over-bearing GI's and obnoxious foreigners looking for Korean women interested in "learning English."
So I'm off. Have a nice weekend and avoid any food that will give you "'extreme' breaking winds."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home