dbrick in the cut

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Slippin' Out

Why I got up at six this morning to listen to a dreadful performance by the Kansas City Chiefs escapes me. You'd think I'd realize by now that they will always let me down when my hopes are highest and will continue to make stupid mistakes and call illogical plays at crucial times. I know most of you could give a rat's ass about the Quiefs, but this is one of the few big attachments I make a special effort to keep from home. I love this team and hate myself for that even more. The only thing more embarrassing for me to admit is that I still follow the Kansas City Royals (the world's worst baseball team) closely. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it one day, but that day is looking farther away than ever. Fucking Hell!! I'm must be an idiot.

Here's a funny story. I was starting a class the other day by passing out candy for Halloween. I told the kids to come up one at a time to get some, but started coughing mid-sentence and slipped out a loud ripper by mistake. The cough was too intense to keep my cheeks clinched, and it just crawled out. I proceeded to stumble over my words trying to divert any attention paid to my flatulence and in the most un-suave manner, I started scooting my chair away from any students. While I was scooting, I realized that this was one of my more potent emissions and quickly told my class to wait in their chairs for a second before we ate candy. What happened after that is a bit of a blur, but I know I started asking the most ridiculous questions ever. I still don't know if any of my students got a whiff of my cheese because their faces were stone. Either they didn't smell it, have the best poker faces I've ever seen, or were too shocked by the stench and had complete loss of all motor functions. Whatever the case, I'll just deny everything if it comes up again.

Things are good otherwise. I had another gig with my band this last weekend which rocked. I say that because I'm trying to get a hold of this whole indy rock thing; it's still new to me. There's only a few days until a special visit from my special someone. I'm still trying to decide what to do, but I just found out that the school is trying to have a staff picnic this Sunday, two days after arrival. Spending one of my few days off schmoozing with my special lady friend and work mates is not my idea of time well spent, and it's going to be a pain getting out of it since they already invited her. I'll figure something out.
That's it for me. I'll try to knock out some more stuff on a more consistent basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home