dbrick in the cut

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Routine

You'd think I'd develop a new found respect for the ballad while here. Nope. I just came from a dinner completely ruined by Whitney Houston and Billy Joel. Their drawn out vocals and crescendos spoiled my appetite. Is it because every restaurant plays these songs that I will never be able to appreciate Whitney's title track from the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack? Absolutely. Ok, so I never liked it in the first place, but now I despise it. Now I have a serious problem with Whitney and will seriously injure her if we ever meet. Same to you Billy. If I hear Piano Man one more time, I may send out a bounty for your head. You've ruined the wrong man's meal.

I've come into a routine here. Monday nights are now playstation soccer nights at a friends, Tuesdays are real soccer at a local field, Wednesday I have band practice, Thursdays have become poker night, and one night of the next couple weekends I have a gig. Having a schedule is nice, but not always what I want. Because I work evenings and usually end up doing something after work, I don't get to sleep until after two. Even when I don't have anything to do after work, I still don't want to go to bed when I get home at nine or ten. It just doesn't work for me. I want to be able to unwind after work and do mindless things. This, however, ruins my mornings. I rarely wake up before eleven and more than often end up rising around noon. After eating and primping myself for the day, I don't have much time for anything else. So I just save it all for the night. Problem is, if I don't have anything specific to do, it's too late to see the city, go shopping, or anything else constructive or worth while. So I haven't seen too much here or done anything touristy. Granted, I've had an in depth look at Korean life and lifestyle, and I have experienced far more than any tourist will. I have to get out though, and finding the time is a problem. Not sleeping and becoming a speed freak isn't an option because I value my sleep too much and don't like being paranoid all the time. Quitting any of my scheduled activities isn't going to happen either. I do have a visit from my special lady friend in a week which will surely get me out, but spending time at home together is also a priority. The day is going to come when I just sack up and start doing all sorts of crazy things. When I do, I'll have much more material for this blog.
Gotta teach now.

ps-the words on this computer are in Korean, so I cannot check my spelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home