dbrick in the cut

Monday, October 17, 2005

Relief and Disappointment

I don't know why, but I have some weird reaction when coming home. For some reason, I always have to urinate when I walk in the door to my house. Whether I've gone just five minutes before or not doesn't matter; I always have to pee when I walk in the door. I'll spare you all any pop-psychological analysis. Maybe I just have a weak bladder.

After I relieved myself when I came home from band practice, I turned on the TV with hopes of watching something beside Friends or American Idol. While both of those programs were on, I managed to find a documentary about the legendary funk supergroup, Funkadelic. I caught the program just as they were showing some great footage of the Mothership landing in concert (for those of you who are out of the "know," wait just a second). I couldn't believe that I found such a gem aired in this country. I actually let out a loud "YES" when I first turned it on. This sudden excitement was met with equally as sudden disappointment when I found out that the whole show was in Korean. Even William "Bootsy" Collins' commentary was over-dubbed. How are you going to dub over Bootsy's voice? It just can't sound the same in another language when he says, "you look extravaganza in those fun glasses, baby" or "I'll be a snowball in the summertime." It was just too good to be true. I now have to accept the fact that I'm stuck watching the Bachelor and America's Next Top Model for the next year.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bozilla Baby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home