dbrick in the cut

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Short and Sweet

This will be a quick one. The birthday was good. It was low key like I like it and we had some quality fried chicken before I had to work. Working was not an ideal way to spend the day, especially with a special visitor in town, but it was only three hours. In that three hours, I spent my time teaching a Langston Hughes short story out of an American 8th grade level book to 5th grade Koreans. Yeah, crazy, huh. These kids probably understand it better than most American 8th graders too, even with the slang in the text. I continue to be amazed with these kids and love the enthusiasm they show towards learning. I am going to soak it up now and enjoy it because I doubt I will find anything close to this in the States.
That's it for now. I gotta run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home