dbrick in the cut

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Gym

I saw more last week than I have seen since I've been here. The Korean War museum, The 63 Building (tallest building in Seoul), the Aquarium, a palace that has burned down and rebuilt about twenty times, and a soccer "friendly" between Korea and Sweden. All this was spent with my special lady friend too. There are some things we missed, but not too much. It was difficult doing anything special at night because of my work schedule, so we couldn't go to any nice dinners. Other than that, everything was gravee. It was a little weird having someone from home enter my world over here, but I was happy that she could see how I've been living. Her absence on Sunday night can also explain my deep and depressing mood shown in my previous entry. What do you expect after saying goodbye to someone like that, not knowing the next time you'll be together again.

I'm pleased to report that I just joined a gym. No, I haven't actually worked out yet, but that will come soon. I figure I'll just devote all my spare time to pumping iron and come back to the States a new man. You all won't even recognize me because I'll have muscles coming out of places you never imagined. That's right, I'm going to be a sculpted, muscle-bound god in nine months. No more man titties, love handles, or disproportionately small arms for this guy. Just wait, you'll see....

Speaking of gyms, I've been dealing with my old gym from the States that won't let me out of my contract. They asked that I fax my boarding pass upon arrival here to verify my status here, but I forgot and lost my boarding pass. Before I continue, how will a boarding pass verify that I'm a resident here? I could have just been traveling for a week. Sure, it would have been easy for me to just remember to send that info and be done with this nightmare, but I want to point out the idiocy of their operation. They also won't let me email a scanned copy of my visa or anything else because I could easily tamper with it on the computer. They require a fax on my employers letterhead verifying my employment. Couldn't I just get a sheet of letterhead - if we had it - and tamper with it on the computer, then print it out and fax it? I could have scanned my boarding pass and tampered with that and sent it by fax. They will not accept an email though. Since my school doesn't have letterhead, I'm going to send a copy of my employment verification in one of the school envelopes. I'm sure that will be a problem too and this will continue to be a pain in my ass. One thing I forgot to mention was that they already charged me a cancellation fee three months ago... This is the kind of bull shit that I don't have to deal with over here and don't miss one bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home