dbrick in the cut

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Goldmember

Hello again. Sorry for the inconsistency in my blogging.
I became a Costco member the other day. Actually, I'm a Goldmember. Since I am a Goldmember, I'm considering wearing a gold tracksuit and roller skating while I shop for mass quantities of things I'll never use. I'm sharing the membership with a friend that has, under the laws of Costco, become my spouse. I always thought that Koreans frowned upon same-sex partnerships, but, apparently, Costco can look past this social dilemma and accept us as consumers that happen to share a membership as spouses and not the other way around. The cabbie we had on the way back might have thought that we were actually willing to experiment with same-sex relations and took the liberty of crossing personal boundaries. He was a very chatty guy and took a liking to both of us from the start. By the time we got to my house, he had already dropped off my friend which left just the two of us. After I paid, he extended his hand for a shake, and I happily returned the gesture. I noticed his grip was a little weak and realized why almost immediately. He gave me a palm tickle with his middle finger. I haven't felt this violated since the host at Carnegie Deli caressed my face when I was eight. I was too shocked to give a proper disgusted reaction and chose to exit the cab as quickly as possible. This guy probably thought this was just a friendly gesture to give to a guy that he couldn't communicate well with, but I don't really care. It was a bad touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home