dbrick in the cut

Monday, August 29, 2005

Subway Stop

I saw a little boy peeing into a bottle held by his mother yesterday. I couldn't believe it. It was in the subway terminal, which is generally an extremely clean place. Apparently, this kid really had to go. His pants were pulled down to his ankles, underwear was partially pulled down, and his mom held a drink bottle around his bits and pieces while he relieved himself. I've seen vagrants urinating in subway corners but I have never seen a three year old pull down his pants and pee while his mom held the bottle. You have to respect that mother.

After the subway experience a friend and I rented out a studio and played some music, and I must say it felt pretty darn good to bang on some drums for a while. I'll definitely be going back there. Afterwards, we ate at one of many outdoor bbq spots in the area of the studio. Most of the places have ribs or some sort of beef, but we found one that had shellfish. There is a bbq pit in the middle of your table and you watch these live shellfish cook right in front of you. A hell of an experience. I'm not a big shellfish eater, but I sure did enjoy it. I even had sea snail. The whole bbq thing turned out to be kind of dangerous as some of the huge clams exploded on the grill. My friend was sprayed with juice and bits of shell flew into my food. I recommend wearing goggles.

I couldn't be more ready to move into my own place. It should happen soon. I just saw a cockroach crawl across the floor. While this is only the second one I've seen since I've been here, I suspect much more to be hiding. I just hope they're not crawling into my mouth while I sleep or camping out in my underpants. This place is kind of disgusting and my roommate doesn't do much to improve things, thus I have become a little lazy as well. I'm ready for a little personal space so I can only get pissed at myself for a mess.

That's it for now. Stay clean...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home