dbrick in the cut

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Test Drive

Testing 1...2... check.... is this thing on?
Here it is, my new soap box for the next year. It's just my PC and I droppin' knowledge on Korean travel, culture, and the awkward encounters that are sure to make us laugh, cry, and just say ahhh... Since I'm not there yet, I can only speculate as to what will be "Lost in Translation." To be honest with you, I'm not even that excited about it, I just needed an excuse to become a "blogger." Yep, I'm going to be a regular Doogie Howser and write about life lessons like, "just because I save lives every day doesn't mean I know the meaning of life" or, "I really hope Wanda and Vinny don't resent the fact that I'm a brilliant doctor and am only 14." This is a dream come true for me. I'll have all of your collective attention on my published little space on the information superhighway.
I leave tomorrow at noon on a 12 hour flight direct to Seoul, then I get on a bus for an hour till I get to Kanggnam (Central Seoul). A woman who speaks little to no English will pick me up and take me somewhere; I have absolutely no clue what will happen after that. I may be going to Japan the next day and I may be teaching. All I know is I'll be in a foreign country eating a lot of rice which will no doubt cause constipation. Although, the spicy food may offset the rice and keep things regular. I'll keep you posted on the progress as things develop.
That's it for now. Next time I'll be in Korea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home