dbrick in the cut

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

JC and Salsa

Apparently, I just had a conversation with Jesus Christ. He didn't have much to say, though. His friend did all the talking, but he made it clear that Jesus was right there with us. He began his pitch by showing me a picture of a stick figure standing on a cliff labeled "Man" looking to another cliff labeled "God." He asked me if I was a sinner, and I told him of course I was. He then told me that all I had to do to get to the other side of the cliff was accept Christ as my savior. All those on Man's cliff were destined for hell. I guess JC was telling this guy that he wanted to enter my heart right then and there. All I had to do was let him in. Of course, if I didn't let him in, I would surely go to hell. I asked why I couldn't just stay a Jew and be saved or even accept Allah as my savior, but he shut me down. I guess Jesus is the only person who died for "our" sins. He told me, "Muhammad Ali didn't die for your sins." That's when I lost it and said, "yeah, but he was a hell of a boxer." The guy was embarrassed, but I don't know what Jesus thought of it; he didn't say anything.

I was telling my students about the lunch I made the other day. It was a delicious sandwich with chicken, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and salsa. Right after I said salsa, my students erupted with laughter. I didn't understand it. I asked them what was so funny about salsa which sparked another wave of hysterics. When things died down a bit, a student told me, "Teacher. Salsa is water poop." That's when I started laughing. In Korean, salsa, really pronounced "sulsah", is diarrhea. I guess I had a tasty chicken, cheese and diarrhea sandwich. Mmmmmmm.

Rotating:

Onda - Cassiano I got this from Avolta Jr.'s podcast. If you like Brazilian music and have a computer, download this podcast. It's magic.

Vidigal - Banda Black Rio

Real People - Common

Strange Affair - Minnie Riperton

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- I discovered your blog a few days ago,
and i find it hilarious and awesome.
keep it up! :D

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you Dave you got Samba 'Seoul'

Jose Ignacio Jr
Avolta Jr Brazilian Rare Grooves

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you Dave you got Samba 'Seoul'

Jose Ignacio Jr
Avolta Jr Brazilian Rare Grooves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home