dbrick in the cut

Monday, March 13, 2006

Ooh That Smell

It's always pleasant to walk into an apartment that smells like a stale fart. I hung laundry this morning which had my place smelling of flowers and cheap fabric softener, but while it dried today, it must have let out all the excess gas the wash didn't get out. Since I don't like to be out-done (especially in my own home), I am now letting my flatulence go in the direction of my clothes. I'll teach my pants a thing or two about real stink. They messed with the wrong man and are in way over their heads. They don't know what's coming for them when I put them on tomorrow. I had a pasta with a heavy cream sauce tonight that is sure to be potent when it comes out. If your reading this, pants, you are in for a world of hurt.

I've smelled something rank in my apartment before and can't figure out where it's coming from. I'll clean the entire place from top to bottom and still smell something weird. The weird thing is, it just comes and goes without any consistent pattern. I have a fear that there is a rat living in my mattress, stinking up the place, and getting ready to gnaw its' way out of my bed, through my sheets and into my skull where it will control my brain waves and change me into a nocturnal, blood-thirsty man-rat. Something like Splinter from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but really evil.

Tracks in heavy rotation today:

Looking Up To You- Michael Wycoff It's a nice late seventies tune with plenty of strings, a strong back-beat, and background vocals that bring it all together. Zhane sampled it in the early nineties on their hit, Hey Mr. DJ.

The Ghetto- Donny Hathaway This is just a song that gets me amped every time I hear it. I like the studio version, but the one from Donny Hathaway Live has so much soul, it has made me cry before. It's one of those songs that I'll make special time for when it comes on my ipod.

This Land Is Your Land- Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings I listened to this today for the first time in a while. I forgot how funky it is. I love the end of the tune when the drummer switches things up with sixteenth notes on the hi-hat.

Something That's Real- Quantic Soul Orchestra It's playing right now. I love this tune. Alice Russell brings strong vocals to this well layered track full of biting strings, subtle horns, and a keyboard line that holds things together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home