dbrick in the cut

Monday, March 06, 2006

Long Time No Write

I had a thought while I was watching the Academy Awards this morning. If the dead are capable of watching the activities of the living, don't you think those who get less applause than others during the remembrance segment of the recently deceased get a little jealous of those who are crowd favorites? I think it's a little funny that Hollywood decides to list out every person that has had any remotely significant involvement in a movie and then measure their popularity with applause when they're listed across the world. If I ever have any involvement with a movie like Adventures in Babysitting and the Academy wants to recognize me after my death, then I want ushers on the red carpet passing out flyers with my face, my bio, and a 'clap for Brick' slogan on them. At least I can go out with a little worldwide love from from Hollywood.

It's been a while since my last post, but no one seems to be that upset. Does anyone read this? I had a lovely visit from my special lady friend last week and was, thus, doing more important things than blogging. You can see now that I'm back to my lonely and boring ways of sitting on my bed, downloading music, and typing away about anything that comes to mind. Last week was a refreshing break from the monotony and a great relief from the frustration that comes with a long distance relationship. I wouldn't recommend voluntarily leaving your special someone for a year, but it does help knowing that it's only temporary. Of course, if I didn't think it was worth it, I wouldn't be doing it.

It looks like I'll be keeping myself a little more busy in my last five months here. I should be djing a few times a month, my new band has some gigs coming up, and I'm going to be teaching some lessons outside of my school. As long as I can keep busy for my remaining time in this freakish country, I'll be happy. More to write later...

1 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see happiness in your eyes
while your special lady friend was
staying here and I'm so glad she felt more comfortable this time than the pervious visit in Korea.

"your remaining time" -the word just sounds so sad to me.
I bet the last 5 month will
come in the twinkle of an eye.
Hope that you leave with full of good memories...

By the way, I was practicing the violin at home after work and got
a call complaining about the late night noise I make. What a play!
in embarassment, it's hard to go to bed even at 2 a.m. ^^;; See ya.

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home