dbrick in the cut

Monday, February 06, 2006

))<>((

For those of you in "the know," you will understand the title of this post. For those of you that don't know, go see You and Me and Everyone We Know. It's a quality film proving that poop is always funny. If you want to make sure I'll like a movie, throw in some bathroom humor and I'll be pleased. Is my sense of humor usually sophomoric and tasteless? Absolutely. I see it as a part of me that keeps me young and spirited. I think a lot of people appreciate a good poop joke from time to time, but not everyone can handle them all the time. I, on the other hand, love the dirty stuff and will always appreciate a quality joke or tasteless conversation.
As I was just writing that, a kid at my school just popped out of his class yelling, "I fart!" Pure genius.

It was my first time seeing a movie in Korea. Overall a positive experience, but I can't decide if I like the idea of assigned seating in a movie theater or not. I like being able to pick my spot and position myself in just the right spot. The assigned seat takes some excitement away from the theater experience. Also, if you're the first person in the theater, you'd like to have your pick of seats. When you're given crap seats and no one is in the theater till the movie starts, you feel a little helpless and stupid. I can see how this is a good thing in Korea, though. Judging solely from subway behavior, I can tell that open seating would cause disasters in theaters all around Seoul. Pushing, grabbing, elbowing, and the occasional step on the foot would all create madness at the movies. The only thing worse that I've seen is the subway in Shanghai. I've never seen so many people scramble so fast to get a seat. It's like a mix of musical chairs and ultimate fighting.

You'd think the guys at Taco Chile Chile, the restaurant I praised on Korean TV, would give me some sort of recognition for the work I put in (I went there after a recording session with my indi rock band. I don't understand why we are recording considering we're not very good and my band mates can't play with a metronome, but I'm going along with it). I don't just volunteer this face up for any taqueria in Seoul. It's hard damn work endorsing products, and I did this one for free. For them to not even offer me a free coke is ridiculous. Their burritos aren't even that good. I take all my praise back.

If anyone in Seoul wants to check out my band, we're playing Friday at Funky Funky in Hongdae. 1:00am.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Dave Brick said...

i'll have to give it a try. thanks for the heads up. choi's tacos in sinchon is pretty good and they give you free coke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home